Monday, September 14, 2009

Busy Weeks!!

We have been going no stop these past couple of weeks, so it is good to finally be home and resting. First off we went down to Fountain Green for my cousin Josie Aagard's Bridal Shower. I love bridal showers and baby showers!! It's just so fun to get together with everyone and catch up. Brooklyn with her Aunts Annie and Ellen.
Then right after the Bridal Shower, Brandon, Brooklyn and I took off up Fairview to go camping at my Uncle Russ's trailer. Our friends Landon and Amanda came with us. We took four wheelers from Fairview Lakes down to Mammoth Lake. It was way crowded over Labor Day weekend, but way fun. We got so dusty on our four wheeler ride that we decided to jump in the creek for a bath when we got back.
Talk about freezing!! It was worth it though, cause we felt much better afterwords. Here are some classic freezing faces!! Classic!
Brooklyn loved watching everyone take their river baths. Us watching the festivities. She does so good camping.
We got back sunday night to Logan and then monday morning Brooklyn and I took off to go stay with my sister Jenny while her husband was in the hospital. We decided we would make baby bedding for her twins that will be here in a couple of months. With the help of my little sister Jessica, and my Grandma Smith we were able to get a lot accomplished. Still not quite finished, but that is because of Hobby Lobby!!
Just have to tell this quick story. I went to Hobby Lobby in Logan and they didn't have all of the fabric I needed so they called the Layton store. Layton said they had the fabric in so I drove all the way down there, and the fabric is no where to be found!! I was so mad! You don't tell someone you have it, they drive so far to get it, and it not be there. Hobby Lobby really dropped the ball on this one!! I talked to the manager, they searched the store for a minute or two and then said that there was nothing they could do. Yeah, I love the store, but they have horrible customer service!! So needless to say we couldn't finish the nursery sets because we didn't have all the material. I'll post when they are finished though.

Brandon arrived Friday night so that we could go to Josie's endowment session and we also went to her wedding Saturday morning. She looked so beautiful. I don't know many people who can pull off those mermaid dresses, but she looked so stunningly gorgeous!! I loved her husband Marc's suit too. It looked like old school gangsterish. Their wedding was really beautiful. I am so happy for them. They make such a great couple.
On our way back to Logan Sunday afternoon we stopped in Salt Lake to meet my cousin Brian and Britnie's new baby. They haven't named her yet. She was 8 lbs. 12 oz. and 21 inches, so a fairly big baby. Brian and Britnie are going to make great parents. Holding this little baby makes me remember what a miracle all little ones really are. It brought back some scary memories of the NICU for me, but wonderful memories as well. We are so blessed to have our little girl!!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, you two have been busy. The camping looked fun even with the freezing creek. It's nice that you can go to so many family events.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good times good times!! You are super busy! I'm glad that you still make time for us!! After you guys left yesterday, Landon and I said...'Brandon and Amanda are our favorite!!' And you are, thanks for the fun camping trip and everything! Can't wait to see the bedding all finished you little rockstar sewer you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cant believe you guys got in the river! That looked fun:) It was fun to see you the other day. Brooklyn is so cute! Thanks for coming and hanging out with us

    ReplyDelete
  4. So my cousins named their baby Brooklyn Marie Olsen! Very popular name I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you are having fun! I love going to showers too! Brooklyn is getting so big!

    ReplyDelete