Friday, May 14, 2010

Mother's Day, Anniversary, and Brooklyn!

April and May seem to be our busiest months. There are all sorts of festivities going on. Recently, we had mother's day. I was spoiled on Mother's Day. Breakfast in bed, gifts, and kisses from my baby! I love being a mom!! There is nothing more rewarding than watching your child learn, grow, and discover new things. Recently, Brooklyn has taken quite a few steps on her own. She is oh-so-close to just taking off. She has been crawling the stairs for awhile... which totally freaks me out. I am constantly behind her or I have to have the baby gate up. She is saying all sorts of new words and reminds me of a little parrot by how she tries to repeat things. Brooklyn is our tall and skinny girl. She is 30.5 inches long and weighs 20 lbs. She is just so active that she has stayed at 20 lbs since she was 9 months. (Maybe crawling could be the new weight loss fad for us adults!)
Brooklyn was doing so many of these things today that I had to bust out the camera. She has been getting into the cupboards for awhile now. "Opps, I've been caught!"Here she is holding my one hand and walking. Almost there with walking. She claps and cheers whenever she thinks something is fun or entertains her.
Brandon and I also celebrated our Anniversary on the 11th of May. 3 years and happy as can be!! I love being to married to my best friend and baby's daddy! You should just see how he interacts with Brooklyn, I love watching them play together. We really didn't do to much for our Anniversary since we were both pretty banged up from the accident. As we were lying in bed we both got a good chuckle because we could only touch each others hands with out causing the other pain. (Sucks, because I am a major snuggler! Holding hands is good too.)

Brandon has been accepted for a fellowship at Utah State for his masters. His masters will be paid for and he will receive a monthly stipen, so we will be pretty hooked up for this next year. I get anxious for him to be done with school, mostly because I want to know where we will move to and end up. For now though I guess that I must enjoy the journey. I really do like Logan and Box Elder County. I have come to find out that they don't call this Box Elder County for no reason. We have box elder bugs everywhere! (They are harmless, but because they are everywhere I hate them!) We have a new pet because of them. He comes back every spring and summer and lives under our porch. Meet "Slitherin". I don't know where he came from, but he takes care of the bugs and spiders, so he is welcome to stay.

4 comments:

  1. Ugh, I hate snakes. Brooklyn looks adorable with her little piggy's! SOOOO scary about your accident! You be careful missy! I'm glad you're doing ok though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Brooklyn's piggies too! She is so cute. Glad you are doing better since the accident! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pics of Brooklyn are the absolute cutest! We sure missed you down in St. George. Next year you'll have to come for sure! Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uhhh! Idiot! We don't actually live in Box Elder County, we live in Cache County! :} But should be Box Elder because of the dang bugs!!

    ReplyDelete