Sunday, February 26, 2012

Home Improvements...Take 1.

We realized buying a foreclosure would be a lot more "hands-on" work than building, but we have seriously loved every minute of it.

I love having projects to work on. And it seems owning a house comes with never ending projects. (Now if only I had never ending funds for those projects.) :)

The Kitchen ... BEFORE ...

We should have taken more before pictures, but this is what our kitchen looked like before we moved in. No appliances, brown cabinets, old wobbly faucet, no blinds, very rustic chandelier ... you get the picture. (It wasn't unlivable but just not what I had envisioned our kitchen to be like.)

The Kitchen ... AFTER ...

I am pretty pleased with how it turned out. And I LOVE my fridge! I actually love all my kitchen appliances. Guess that is one good thing about there being no appliances in the home when we bought it. We were able to get all new matching ones. FABULOUS! (It is so fun to get new stuff coming from an apartment were everything was just "standard-come-with-the-apartment-crap".)

The Mudroom ... Before ... (Isn't that little nook just begging for a bench??)

The Mudroom ... After ...

The bench that Brandon made me! He put his handy-man skills to good use. (Course I did the upholstery work.) :)

Brandon's cute cousin DeAnne made the vinyl quote for us! She's a sweetheart!

I also love having the big deep farm sink in the mudroom. Never thought I need it, but it has come in so handy.

This is only Take 1 of our home improvements,... there are many more to come! (I'm still working on paint colors. For many of the rooms.)

Oh and here is Kenzington and Brooklyn's bedrooms.

Kenzington's room.



Brooklyn's room.


We are LOVING being home owners!! (If you couldn't tell already.)

11 comments:

  1. I LOVE EVERYTHING! Good work you two!! The kitchen color is beautiful. I wanna come see it all in person:D Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two are AMAZING! Everything looks so great! Will you come paint and decorate my house?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sign me up too...you can come decorate my house! did you make the blankets that are in the girl's rooms? You are so good at decorating! I love all the colors you have chosen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda It looks AMAZING I absolutly LOVE IT :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute house. Nice job on your improvements. It is turning out beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have that same exact washer and dryer! Your house looks adorable, you two have really done a great job on the home improvements!! I wish we could come visit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks very cute and homey! Now we just need to come see it in person:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE everything you've done! How fun that you get to make it your own. I can't wait to see the rest! Great job Amanda!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks so awesome!! I love the valence in Brooklyn's room and your kitchen is so cute! Love the blue with the white underneath. Cant wait to see it in person!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The house is so cute!!! I can't wait to come visit you again. I love love love the bench! Good job you two!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the updates!!! Such a cute bench in your mud room!

    ReplyDelete