Monday, March 8, 2010

Victoria's Wedding!

On February 24th, Brandon, Brooklyn, and I took off for Mesa, Arizona. One of my friends that I went to school with at Southern Virginia University, Victoria Muhlenkamp, was getting married and had asked me to be her bridesmaid! We split the trip up by staying in Green River Wednesday night with Brandon's parents. The next day we drove the rest of the journey to stay with our friends Chana and Fred. We hung out with them the next day and also met up with Brandon's newly married friends Karen and John. Brandon and Fred were also able to go to watch a PGA golf tournament! Brandon got free tickets somehow. Seriously, the weekend was kind of a blur because we were running around so much. Vicky's wedding was probably the fanciest wedding that I have ever been to. It was a not your typical Mormon wedding! The getting ready began at 9:30 am. All of the bridesmaids, mother of the bride, and bride got ready together. We were honestly treated like royalty. Make-overs, hairdressers, butlers, . . . you name it, we had it! We were so pampered and I loved it!!Vicky's mom went over last minute plans with us about how the day would go, where we needed to be, and what we had to do.We were all almost an hour late to the temple and the groom was getting slightly nervous. It was worth it though, because Vicky looked absolutely stunning!The bride and groom made a grand entrance into the reception/dinner, proceeded by the bridal party. We were all clapping and dancing as we came in.I was able to meet up with some other friends from Southern Virginia University, Ian and Sabrina. Sabrina was one of my roommates there and Ian worked with us at Ruby Tuesday.A little history: So while at SVU we were part of a sorority. Actually, we made up a sorority called "CBD". (Chicks Before Dicks.) Us girls would stick together no matter what and no boys would get in our way!You can see how well our sorority worked out!! Boys have infiltrated it!! All happily married, but we always have our girls to fall back on! :)
Brooklyn enjoyed all the dancing and music that was played at the wedding. She danced the night away and took time to smell the roses!I have never seen a more elaborate wedding! It was so Vicky!! I couldn't be more happy for her and Kevin!

I think we spent every night while we were in AZ in the hot tub. Night before the wedding, I couldn't get my hair wet, so I borrowed Chana's shower cap. (One of my more flattering pictures, don't you think??)I don't know what we would have done with out Chana and Fred! They were so kind to let us stay with them, babysit while we were at the temple, indulge our hot tub needs, and just hang out with us. Wish they were still in Logan!! I'm so glad we were able to see them. (Nice chest hair Fred!)Thanks for watching Brooklyn while we went to the temple.The drive back was LOOONNNGG to say the least, but Brooklyn was a lot easier to handle than Brandon!! Brandon seemed to constantly be hungry and need breaks from the car. (Trust me, kids are a breeze compared to husbands!) jk It was such a fun trip!

7 comments:

  1. That was fast!! We're so glad you guys came! We miss you so much! It was fun to see you for during the time we actually got to see you!

    Next time we just lounge, shop, and eat out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be so fun to be pampered like that! And I totally agree about your husbands being harder than babies comment. Especially when it comes to being sick ha ha:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun little trip! And you look gorgeous! You're super skinny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, looks like it was a great wedding and reception. It's cool Brandon got tickets to the golf tourney.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun! What a pretty wedding! You looked so gorgeous and Brooklyn was a doll like always. You are quite the adventurers! Brooklyn's not even a year old and she's already a well traveled girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh it looks like it was so much fun! I feel bad that i didn't get to go but I'm glad you were able to go and have a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun trip! I'm glad the whole dress thing worked out and needless to say, you looked stunning. Brooklyn is growing up fast and is just as cute as ever!

    ReplyDelete