Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Lamb Days!

The third weekend in July is one of my favorites every year. It is known as Lamb Days! For those of you that don't know I grew up on a sheep farm with 3,000+ sheep. So, this hometown holiday of mine is super close to my heart. Brandon and I have known each other for almost eight years now, and this was his first Lamb Days. Due to missions, summer sales, etc. he was never able to attend before now, but believe you me he is now hooked and will be a Lamb Day regular.
It was also Brooklyn's first Lamb Days. She loved being out and about, meeting the townies. The parade was fun, my team took third in the softball tournament, my dad and uncle road the flags in on horse back for the flag ceremony, my niece and nephews sang in the talent show, we watched the volleyball tournament and mutton busting (kids ride wild sheep), the 6:30 am breakfast and lamb scram (town race) were also exciting. One of my personal favs was the fireworks.
Before Lamb Days I had a chance to catch up with Rachel Reid, Mindy Brotherson, and Brittany Walker. We had lunch at the Ftn. Green Park. It is awesome to have such good friends who keep in touch. Brittany left before we took the picture.Mine and Rachels little girls. They are almost two months apart. Can you tell who's is who's?Brandon and I also went to Penny and Colby Jensens Trailor with some friends to have dinner and roast smores. We taught several nice Chinese foreign exchange students to play baseball. It was a riot. The one Chinese man has seen one too many horror movies and would not put his knife down once it got dark! We thought it was so funny so we kept trying to scare him.
Summer has seriously been a blast so far. I love the summer holidays and fun things you get to do outdoors.

7 comments:

  1. Way way cute. Your baby is the one on the left:) the other one has dark hair :) and yours has a baby lamb. It was so fun to see your baby she is such a doll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You all look great. Lamb days sounds great. Where is your hometown?
    Yes, Brooklyn is on the left.Is going to do some mutton bustin' when she is a little older?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your baby is so cute. I love that princess outfit. I'm so glad things are better now. She is soooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so bummed that I missed Lamb Days!! I would have loved to see you again & chat for a minute. We have no baby yet, but I'm being induced on Monday so wahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how hickish it sounds to explain all the awesome events small towns do! It sounds so funny, but it is SO much fun! Your baby is so cute. I love her little lamb.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! I love baby smimsuits! Bristol's came from Baby Gap and Gymboree! Love them! So, Gymboree is having a HUGE sale right now getting rid of all of their summer stuff, so now would be a great time to buy one for the rest of this summer as well as next summer! Also, I have seen some really cute ones at Old Navy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Amanda,
    It was fun playing softball with you on Lamb Day. Your blog is so cute I was trying to find it so I could see your little girl. She is darling :) My blog is private if you want me to add you send me your email address to
    jerzigirl2000@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete