Friday, April 29, 2011

The girls!

I just wanted to quickly jot down some of the cute little things that my little girls do to make me smile.

KENZINGTON:
She is seriously getting so big! Some of the things she is doing....
~She is smiling all the time now! All you have to do is look at her. She gets really big grins when Brooklyn talks to her.
~Kenz tries to have a conversation with anyone if you sit and talk to her. She just keeps the "coo's" going and going. It's my favorite.
~She is basically sitting up. Probably because her little belly is so big that she can't really fall over. :)
~She is sleeping through the night. Kenz sleeps from about 10:30pm to 6am. She has been doing this since 6 weeks.
~Kenz hates her belly. She gets so grumpy if left on her belly for more than 5 minutes.
~She is starting to reach up and grab things. It is still pretty uncoordinated but you can tell she is focusing so hard.
~On a not so happy note, Kenzington has had two ear infections already. The doctors don't seem too concerned, but Brooklyn never had an ear infection, so it worries me a little. Despite the ear infections Kenz is a really happy, content baby.

BROOKLYN:
Where do I start with this little spit fire...
~She is repeating EVERYTHING! There is nothing she can't say. Even when Brandon and I try to whisper and have a private conversation, she will catch something and repeat it back.
~Brooklyn loves to sing! Her favortie songs are "Amazing" by Bruno Mars and Justin Biebers "Baby". She runs to the computer every morning saying "Baby, Baby, eewwww .... pease, baby, baby eewwww." She's two and already caught the Bieber fever.
~She comes in our room every morning saying "Hi mommy! Hi mommy!"
~If you laugh at her she will keep doing the thing that you laughed at over and over again. She is so funny when she says "Pepperoni, water, or rooster." She will just keep repeating those words if you laugh at her.
~She sleeps in her big girl bed and loves it! She goes to bed at 7:30 or 8:00 without a fuss, peep, or fight. I often sit by her door as she sings herself to sleep.
~Brooklyn counts to ten and says her ABC's so well. (I'll try to get a video of it soon, but she is super camera shy.) She can't ever stop counting at like 5 or 6, it is always to 10. She recognizes numbers and letters on signs, books, letters, etc.
~If you tell Brooklyn to hurry she'll run as fast as her little legs can go, which looks like more of a march in place.
~She really recognizes emotions. She comes up to me with a frowny face an says, "Mommy sad!" She kisses me and then smiles saying, "Mommy happy!"
~I know when I am looking good, because I'll walk into the room and Brooklyn will say, "woot woot mommy" or "mommy cute". This just makes my day!
~Brooklyn says she needs to go potty like 20 times a day. Not my favorite thing, but at least she is interested. She goes in the toilet maybe like twice or three times of those 20. Ugh!
~She loves making her little sister smile. She will do anything I ask, as long as it is for Kenzington or to make Kenzington happy. She's quite the little helper.

There are times when being a mom is very trying, but when my kids make me smile or laugh it is all worth it. I just want to hold on to every memory because they grow-up and change so fast.

5 comments:

  1. Cute post! I love the cat calls Brooklyn makes at you:) Fun girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so sweet. You do have a good pair of gals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A little ego boost never hurt anyone! It is so cute that she does that! I would say you probably have no need to worry about the ear infections. It has been a bad season for sickness :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your girls sound so cute, and I have seen pictures to prove they are! Brooklyn sounds like a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute, I love how cute your girls are! Adam and I loved watching Kenzi in Church. Makes me excited to have a pair of girls of my own! We need to get together and go to the park when it gets warmer!

    ReplyDelete