Monday, January 2, 2012

The PIANO!!

I have been a major slacker when it comes to blogging lately. But with a new year and new resolutions I am going to try to do better. So for the next few posts or so I am going to be playing a little catch up.

Two years ago, my Grandmother Betty Aagard (seriously the best piano player I know!), called me up saying that her cousin Ruth had my great-grandmothers, sisters piano and wondered if I was interested in it. I don't know who in there right mind would pass up a baby grand, especially when it had that much family history too.

Well, needless to say, the exterior of the piano was in bad repair. (I don't know who would ever take this bad of care of an instrument like this.) However, the harp itself, besides being severely out of tune, was in perfect condition.

With the help of Bob Morrow (good friend and woods craft-man from Logan) we had the piano back looking sparkly new in no time!!

I seriously couldn't be happier with how it turned out. It looks AMAZING!! Brandon did such a good job fixing it up. Plus we have the perfect VT/Piano room for it in our new house!

Moving it into the house was a BUGGER though! Pretty sure everyone who helped us move it said that we can never move again. BIG THANKS to everyone who helped us with this. I LOVE it more than anything!! (Well any material gift!) :)

3 comments:

  1. Love that room!! I cant believe you guys were able to fix that baby up,refinishing a piano is hard work!! It looks Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like all is well with the Bradys! I can't believe how big (and cute) your girls are getting! So I have to ask....what is a VT room? A visiting teaching room? Because if so, that totally makes me smile and miss Utah:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. VT Room = Visiting Teaching Room!! :) Your mean you don't have those in Iowa?? What?!! I've heard your only a true Mormon if you have one. :)

    ReplyDelete