Thursday, August 16, 2012

Ellie Ann Strait

Tonight has been a little bit rough for me, and I can only imagine what my sister Alyson must be feeling.

My new little niece, Ellie Ann Strait, made it here safely. 7 lbs. 9 oz. and 20 inches long. And from what I hear she is just beautiful! (If she's anything like my other niece and nephews I'm certain this is true.) I can't wait to meet her!

Shortly after her birth they discovered she could not nurse.
The cause... a Cleft Pallet. (Not to be confused with a cleft lip.)

I do not have much more information than that. I have yet to speak with my sister due to all the craziness surrounding this situation... this was not discovered until she was born. Ellie is being sent to Primary Children's where she will be evaluated. We will hopefully know more tomorrow.

This situation brings a lot of emotions and memories.

While bathing Brooklyn and Kenzington in the bathtub tonight a flood of emotions hit me. I could not stop crying. Why do things like this have to happen to little babies?? It just seems so unfair.

Brooklyn looks up at me: "Mommy what's wrong?"

Me, with tears streaming down my face: "Alyson's little baby is sick."

Brooklyn: "It's okay Mommy. Jesus will take care of her baby. Just like he took care of me when I was in the hospital."

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the update. What a sweet and touching comment from Brooklyn, and she's exactly right. He will take care of her. We've got little Ellie and your family in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to about your niece but what a sweet thing for Brooklyn to say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that little ones have such strong faith!! I am so glad that she is doing just fine!

    ReplyDelete