Monday, August 20, 2012

Ellie Update

Ellie had a relatively short stay at Primary Childrens. 3 days total. They have given her a bottle with a longer nipple so that she can eat. And she is amazing at it. She will not have a reconstructive surgery until she is 9 months old... older babies handle the surgery better. All-in-all things are looking great with Ellie! 1 in 700 babies have this, so it is a relatively common hick-up that the doctors specialize in. She will go back every 4 weeks to be re-evaluated and assessed.

I got to meet her yesterday and she is beautiful!! Such a sweet little girl! I get to spend a lot more time with her this week as school is starting and Alyson could use my assistance with the kids. I love my sisters and would do anything I can to help them out! I'm so lucky to live close enough to be around. :)

1 comment: