Wednesday, April 15, 2009

She made it!! Brooklyn Paige Brady




Seven days ago, Brandon and I witnessed a miracle. On April 9th, our baby girl was born. All babies are truly miracles from our Heavenly Father, but ours was extra special. Brooklyn was born with gastroschisis (warning, adult content, click at your own risk). Many different emotions came over me the day she was born, the biggest was relief. I had been seriously worried sick about her since 19 weeks in utero. Twice a week doc appts, bedrest and dropping amniotic fluids didn't help either. After a crazy 28 hours of labor and super fast delivery, she arrived! Brandon was able to cut the cord, they showed her to us for a breif moment and then wisked her away. She weighed 5 pounds 11 oz and was 19 inches long. Brooklyn was immediately taken to the NICU and then to surgery. Brooklyn's surgeon came and told us that everything looked good, her bowels were alive and healthy. I broke down in tears that my little girl has to go through all this and that I couldn't be with her. I started shaking uncontrolably and throwing up immediately after they took her away. Brooklyn has survived the biggest challenge of her life (and ours)! She has now had the surgery and is on a ventalater. We should be able to hold her for the first time in a couple of days. She continues to make progress, but we don't know how long we will be in the hospital for. Our baby truly is a miracle.

14 comments:

  1. She is so adorable, she looks just like a Brady! Congratulations! I am glad to hear everything is going well. You are a strong women, that has got to be hard not to be able to hold her. Good luck with everything. I love the name, its so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I am glad that everything went well. She is sooo cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so happy things went good for you and Brooklyn.It looks like she is recovery well.
    Congrats. I love her name. Yes, it must be hard not being able to hold her but I'm sure you both will make up for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, She is so sweet!! How much did she weigh? I bet it is a relief to have her here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heard from your mom on Sunday when we were in Ftn. Green that you had had her & that everything was going well! I was so relieved to hear that! I have been so worried about you & thinking about you all of the time. She is absolutely gorgeous! I hope things continue to go well & good luck with everything! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, she is BEAUTIFUL! I couldn't help but tear up looking at the pictures and reading everything. I am so relieved that she is here and that everything has gone so well. I couldn't be happier for the two of you, well now three of you! I look forward to coming to visit you! Congratulations again, she is truly a miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awe...what a cute little girl! Poor thing, but at least she won't remember having to go through the surgery and everything. Glad everything's ok with both of you...You guys will make great parents!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!! She is sooo cute!! I am so glad to hear things went so well! Being a mom is the most amazing thing ever!! Best Wishes to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so blessed. What a sweetie! Congratulations. You are in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congralations. She is a cute little girl. You are in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats! What a cute little girl. Glad everything is going so well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yayyy! I was so excited to read this post and see all the cute pictures. She is darling and I am so happy you have your little angel! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats you two! She is darling! I hope everything continues to go well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. She is precious! I think she looks like you Amanda... We're so glad to hear everything is going smoothly. Make sure to take care of yourself! Wish I could be there, and can't wait to meet her. Congratulations!!! :)

    ReplyDelete