Friday, April 24, 2009

Yay for POOP!!

We are making in progress. We have now been in the hospital for a little bit over two weeks. It feels more like forever though! Brooklyn is continuing to make progress on a daily basis. One of the many things that she has to accomplish before we take her home is a bowl movement. Well, she finally did it, Brooklyn pooped!! Now those of you who know me, understand that I do not normally do to well with any type of bodily functions. However, I guess motherhood has changed me, because I have never been more excited about poop in my life! :) They will be taking out Brooklyn's stomach tube (Anderson tube) tomorrow because of her progress. They should start feedings this weekend. Brandon and I have been able to give her baths, and boy does she hate it. But like any girl, she loves having her hair washed. Brandon did her hair, hence the afro puff! :)
Our parents, my sisters, and all of our family have been so helpful. Brooklyn has progressed in leaps and bounds, as have I; and I think that it is because of all the love and support we have been getting. Our families have done so much for us and we will forever be grateful.Brooklyn has made tons of progress since this point! :)

8 comments:

  1. thanks for the updates and pictures! so happy to hear about all the progress...she is such a doll and is quite the little fighter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! We are so happy to hear that she is doing well! We send our love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that she is doing well. She is so cute. Your family is so strong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is SO cute! Just wait till you have to train her to poop in the toilet. Its really fun!......

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear things are progessing great. You all look great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work Brooklyn! I'm so happy to hear that she is progressing so well! I'm especially happy that the little feeding tube is being removed and she will get to be fed soon! You'll be home before you know it. She is too adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for poop! That is amazing and truly a miracle that she will soon be going home! You guys are so great, and deserve the best :)
    Love Ya tons!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amanda, you don't know me, but I just wanted to thank you for your blog. I'm 22 weeks pregnant, and our baby was just diagnosed with gastroschisis on 4/27. I really appreciate you sharing your story. It really gives me hope- and a clearer picture- of what our lives will be like this summer or fall (except I was told I'll have to have a c-section). How many weeks were you when you delivered? I'll be praying that Brooklyn continues to make great progress and that you're all home soon! God bless! Helen in IL

    ReplyDelete