Wednesday, May 13, 2009

GOING HOME!!

After a month of being in the Neo-natal intensive care unit, Brooklyn was finally released!! She, or should I say we, were released on May 8th, 2009. I think that I am going to be an overly paranoid mom because of all of the things that I saw in the NICU. The hardest part about being in there was seeing your little baby in pain, and knowing there was nothing you could personally do. It is amazing though what doctors and nurses can do. We had to put all of our faith and trust in them and in the Lord. It all worked out for us, but some other families were not so lucky. That was so hard!! Watching these wonderful parents have to make decisions to let their babies go. Just thinking about it makes me cry. Brandon and I would just bawl. We will forever be changed by this experience. We will probably never understand why it happened, but will be eternally grateful that are little girl made it. We love her and are so glad she is now home!! This is the start of a brand new adventure.

5 comments:

  1. That's so exciting that you guys got to take her home! I'm glad that everything worked out for you. I'm sure that you are a great mother. Happy Anniversary on the 11th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! She is beautiful! Hope all goes well at home! Happy first Mothers Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay that is such GREAT news! enjoy every moment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are also very happy that things worked out for you all. You make a great family.

    ReplyDelete