Sunday, May 3, 2009

Making Progress!

Brooklyn has now been in the hospital for a little over 3 weeks. During this time we have had a lot of ups and downs, progression and set backs, but she is steadily improving. Brooklyn was finally able to have her first taste of milk which was a huge relief. She took it like a champ and couldn't get enough of it. The doctors are slowly increasing her feedings on a daily basis, so as not to overwhelm her intestines. It was extremely difficult to say the least, for our little family while Brandon was commuting back and forth for school. We are all hoping that he passed his finals considering the intense stress we have all been facing.


I feel lucky to have a husband and a baby as amazing and strong as these two are. Brandon is always there to catch me when I fall. Most literally a couple of days ago when I passed out. It had been almost 3 weeks after delivery and I have been feeling really good. We went to visit a friend who has cancer, who is also up here in Primary Children's. I felt really light headed and just passed out. Brandon caught me just before I hit the floor. I was taken to the ER, where they ran every kind of test possible. After being in the ER all afternoon and evening, they told me that they couldn't pin point any actual cause, and that is was probably just stress. Duh!! You think??!!

(Yes, this bow is way to big for her head, it made us laugh really hard.) Hopefully we will get Brooklyn home soon. We are praying for this coming weekend as it is Mother's Day. That would be the best present ever, just to get our baby home.

11 comments:

  1. She is so beautiful! I love the bow...:) I hope you guys are able to take her home soon! Love you guys, and think about you often :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheis adorable. I'm glad that things are going well and hope she gets to be home for Mother's Day.

    love,
    Aunt Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Amanda, she's beautiful! Its so great to hear she's doing well. How are you doing? I know its hard to take it easy when you don't want to think about anything but your baby. But take it in, before you know she'll be cutting her first tooth (Adia just got hers and I'm still shocked). Lots of love and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is SO cute! I love that bow :). I hope she gets to go home for mothers day too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is so adorable! It is good to hear how things are going. I love that picture of you and her, its beautiful. I hope she comes home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She looks perfect! And she looks like she's getting chubbie! Can anyone come visit? Or is it family only? And do you have Rachel's email?

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, all THREE of you are so strong! you have a great positive attitude about it all and the Lord will surely bless you. she is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you get to bring her home soon too. Landon didn't tell me about the passing out story! How scary!! I am glad you are doing okay and that Brandon is done with school! She really is beautiful, you guys done good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope she does get to come home for Mother's day. That would be great. Sorry to hear about your fainting spell.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had no idea you blogged! i'm so glad you left me a comment!
    I miss you guys! She looks great though and i'm glad she's progressing!
    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amanda I love you. I've been slacking on blogging and felt really bad after reading yours that I didn't even leave words of encouragement along the way. Please let me know if you need anything. I'm sure you have tons of family to help but I love you and think you are so strong. She is sooo cute.

    ReplyDelete