Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving Time!

This year we spent Thanksgiving in Overton, Nevada. Brandon's Grandma May just recently returned home from an LDS mission to Nauvoo, Illinois, so practically every family member was there!! There were approximately 150 people and over 70 pies!! Talk about a big get together.I come from a family who has 7 cousins on one side, and 4 cousins on the other side, so this was a little bit overwhelming for me. Brooklyn was very overwhelmed at first. She was extremely clingy and fussy for the first little while there. But I mean who wouldn't be with that many people there! She eventually adjusted to the massive amount of noise and people.Thanksgiving wouldn't be complete without yams! Brooklyn has had the Gerber baby food sweet potatoes, but not actual sweet potatoes. Well Brandon figured that there was no better time to let her try her first real dose of yams than Thanksgiving! She loved it. She just makes this ummmm ummmm noise whenever she is eating anything that she likes.We also went to the movie, New Moon while we were there!! I loved it, Brandon liked it. I am just so in love with the story, that I could never not like the movies. It was a cousins night out, hitting up Maverik, filling purses to the brim with candy and pop, and being the only ones in the theater for who knows how long. It was way fun, despite the crappy sound system and what seemed like an hour long delay for the movie to start. This seemed to be the best scene in the whole movie. :) Okay . . . it was a little cheesy, but made sense if you've read the books.We spent two nights with our friends in St. George before Thanksgiving and decided to take the fat challenge. We squeezed through the Dixie crack. It is were you hike through a very narrow passageway in between two giant rocks. We seriously got stuck in a few places. Brandon was literally on the ground trying to worm his way through in one spot. We made it through though, so no holiday diet for us!! :)Coming out of the crack!! My sister Jenny and brother-in-law Benji had their babies. Rebekah Lynn Cox 5 lbs. 7 oz., 17 inches and Kaden Roy Cox 6 lbs. 10 oz., 19 inches. They are beautiful. And everyone is doing well. I'm so happy for them.Brooklyn loved helping set up for Christmas. Actually, she just loved looking at the lights and playing with the ornaments. I'm way excited for Christmas, it is seriously my favorite time of the year. I am especially excited for this years Christmas, because it will be Brooklyn's first one!! Here is Brooklyn in her cute little snow suit!
At this time of year I am extremely grateful for a wonderful husband, adorable baby, and the greatest family in the world!! I am grateful for miracles, in any form that they come. I am grateful for the gospel and for great friends. I am grateful for good examples. I'm grateful for love.Oh and I am really grateful that BYU beat the University of Utah!! Go Cougars!

5 comments:

  1. You guys have a super cute kid! Hey it was so much fun hanging out with you! I am jealous that I couldn't go see New Moon with you guys..oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of people for Thanksgiving. Looks like a lot of fun and a lot of pie! Brooklyn is adorable and so are you two!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a crowd! It 's looks like everyone had a great time. I would be overwhelmed also. Great pics. I would never fit though those rocks. Diet time for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cow that is a lot of people at Thanksgiving! I bet it was fun though! Chris & I went through the crack when we were dating 5 years ago & Chris' chest got stuck & he about started hyperventilating. It took us a little while of talking him through it before he finally got out. His t-shirt was all ripped up where he had gotten stuck & he got a few scrapes. We haven't tried it since. Tell Jenny I said congrats on the new arrivals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Twins wow that is great! Kinda glad it's them! What a hand full. I can't believe that picture that is a ton of people!! I am glad I am not the only one that didn't really want to read the books! But I am so glad I did I can't wait to read them again!!!

    ReplyDelete