Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Kindness, pass it on!

At the grocery store yesterday I was rushing to do my shopping. I had to get home to do bridal shower invites, feed a baby, make dinner for the neighbors, and well, ... let's just say I was really pressed for time. I guess the old lady in the parking lot recognized this as I was frantically loading the groceries in the car, holding the keys in my mouth, and keeping the shopping cart in place with one foot. (Talented, I know!) As she noticed the empty car-seat in the back of my car she said, "Oh, it looks like you must be rushing home to a starving baby. Let me get your cart for you!" Shouldn't it be the other way around?! I mean shouldn't I be the one helping out the elderly?

I've decided that we need to do what we can, when we can, no matter what age we are. We need to constantly be looking for ways to help others. Often times we can't return the favor to the person who helped us in our time of need, but we can help somebody else. Right now, someone is in need of help, actually in need of a miracle! I don't know this family personally, but I know the power of prayer is real. Just thought that I would pass along there story so more people can unit in prayer on behalf of Baby Bronson. (For the full story start on the post: February 1st.)

Brooklyn just turned 10 months old yesterday; and often, when I look at her, I count my many blessings for the miracle we witnessed with her and the many prayers that were offered on her behalf. We will forever be grateful and humbled by that experience!

We need to never take for granted any time that we have, and make the most of everyday. Look at the blessings you have a truly be thankful!

4 comments:

  1. Wow. That "Baby Bronson" story made me cry harder than I have in a long time. My thoughts and prayers go out to them. Do you know them personally?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said. I totally agree with the pass it on theory... sometimes the smallest things can make the biggest difference in a person's day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I don't mind you posted about Bronson...the more prayers the better! He seems to be making progress now which is awesome!

    I had a similar experience with the shopping cart and an older gentleman once. I appreciated it so much and it really made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that the old lady helped out! Some people are so aware of what is going on around them and so good to lend a hand. I started reading about Baby Bronson, but didn't get all of the posts read, it is crazy! I hope that family is okay and all is well with them!

    ReplyDelete