Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Valentines Day!

I have to say that I just loved Valentines Day this year! One reason is because it was on a Sunday. Brandon and I weren't really sure which day to celebrate it on with our festivities, so it ended up a Friday, Saturday, and Sunday event accidentally!!

Early on Friday morning Brandon and I were trying to decided what to get each other for Valentines Day. "Why not couches, I mean they're having great Presidents Day sales?!" So we did it! Got new couches! I've been wanting them since we first got married! (Thank you tax return and understanding husband!) To celebrate new couches and v-day, we also went to dinner at Olive Garden, my personal favorite! Brooklyn was a hit with all the waiters! I thought that was the end of our v-day celebration.
Little did I know that Brandon had already planned something! Brandon went and scheduled the babysitter all by himself, and whisked me off to Sherwood Hills Resort where he had us booked for a Couples Massage Saturday night!! AWESOME!! (Really impressed that he got a babysitter all by himself, usually mom's always have to do that!)

Sunday after church we exchanged little gifts. Brooklyn got a cute new little outfit and her dad also got her some daisies! Brooklyn was slightly destroying her flowers, so we figured we'll let her destroy one and then put the rest in a vase with mine. It was so cute, she is definitely a girl, cause she is so fascinated with flowers!!

Brandon got Mario Wii. And I got a pair of levi's and flowers, plus a poem from Brandon!!
Poem from Brandon:

Roses are red, Violet's aren't blue.
I love you so much and I glad we made a little "who".
I'll love you forever, and all eternity.
I'll love you even when you take me in a shop of maternity (clothes).
I can't imagine spending my life with anyone else.
One day I'll buy you a house with a built in shelf.
To me you will always have the very nicest butt,
and I'll always be your squirrel and you'll always be my nut.

He makes me laugh so hard!! Seriously, now you know one of the many reasons that I love this guy!!

12 comments:

  1. How fun for you! Sounds like a great weekend! Brooklyn is such a doll face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun weekend! I LOVE your new couches! SO cute! I did the same thing after Thanksgiving... we ended up buying some too :) Some times you just have to splurge! And what a thoughtful husband you have, even Brooklyn got flowers. Good times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this post! Your couches look awesome!!! and Brandon really is such a great husband and dad, tell him to give Landon some pointers... ;) So excited to play this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just read over my comment, Landon is a great husband too, I didn't mean it like that!! He could just use some pointers on the romance scale...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your couches are gorgeous!! I love them!

    And who knew Brandon was so poetic! He cracks me up. What a good hubby! (I agree with Amanda - fred could use some romance pointers as well)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet! What a great weekend for you two or I guess three. Finding a babysitter by his self is huge, good job Brandon. Your couches look great

    ReplyDelete
  7. those couches look insanely comfy. perfect napping couches.

    that poem was hilarious! haha cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute poem and so creative. I am very impressed!! Not many guys have that talent. I am very jealous about the couches though. I keep prodding Brian about getting some.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amanda and Chana: Oh, don't worry! One Valentines day Brandon gave me cash to buy my own roses, how's that for romantic!! (He was really sick though, but still.) He's definitely stepping up his game.

    Brandon really considers himself more of a rapper than a poet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Valentine's celebration. Love the poem Brandon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. we got new couches with our tax return too...only we have to wait till march 15th to get them!!! yours look very nice! did you get my blog invite?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice couches! Love the wall decor! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete