Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Brooklyn's Birthday and Princess Party!

Brooklyn's birthday was so much fun! I still can't believe that we now have a one year old!! The morning of her birthday, April 9th, started off with the usual singing, decor, and presents.
She loved opening the presents... mostly because she loves tissue paper!
She got a bunch of new outfits. Including this tutu I made her.
She now has a big girl car seat. It is so fun to have her forward facing so that we can watch what she is doing.
She absolutely loves anything that has to do with music. She loves her new drums!
Grandma and Grandpa Aagard gave her a musical pony that you can ride. She loves it!!
Later, the afternoon of her birthday, we took a special trip down to Primary Children's Hospital where Brooklyn spent the first month of her life. It was a very sentimental moment. We talked to a few families whose babies are currently there. I think, by them seeing how healthy Brooklyn is, it gave them a little extra hope and encouragement about their little babies.
Where we spent a lot of time waiting.
I spent a lot of time in "the barn" at the NICU.
It was a very nostalgic experience.
After the NICU visit, we headed down to Fountain Green to get ready for Brooklyn's first birthday party the next day. It was so much fun!! We had a Princess Party for our little Princess!
I think Aunt Jenny wins the award for best dressed, but what do you think?!

So many of Brooklyn's cousins and family members came. Some of her boy cousins dressed up too.Brooklyn loved the many fun presents that she received.
She loves reading books!
Brooklyn's birthday cake!! I think it turned out pretty good for my first time doing my little girl's birthday/princess cake.
At first Brooklyn didn't know what to do with her cake. She was being so dainty and didn't want to get dirty.
Brandon had to teach her how to dig into it. Thanks Dad!
After her first taste...
She didn't want to stop eatting!
She did want to share with everyone, but that cake was all hers!
So good!
Yummy!
Brooklyn ended up making quite the mess, but loved every minute of it!
She had such a great First Birthday!! We love our little girl!!

7 comments:

  1. She is so cute! I can't believe she is 1 already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you guys had a blast. I was laughings so hard when I saw Jenny's dress!! Her cake and tutu turned out so cute. Did you make her onesie too? You will need to show me how you made her tutu!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! I can't believe she is one!! Time flies when your having fun. I have to say, one of my favorites from this post is you in your fancy dress looking so nice with your flippie floppies on. Classic! Miss you guys! Come and play with me, we need to make Wee Webb's bedding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome party! I LOVE all of your dresses... I so wish we could have come, especially since I could have worn a "real" princess dress :) Happy Birthday to the little miss. She is such a doll. It is so crazy how fast time does fly.

    I love the pictures of her digging in her darling cake! They are so priceless! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! You are such a great mom. Happy Birthday Brooklyn! I am so excited that June and Brooklyn share the same birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amanda,
    She is so adorable and so precious. Such a little girly girl...love it, love it, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe she's already one! They just get more fun as the get older! Congrats on surviving the first year of parenthood! Oh and I love her 1yr pictures, so cute!

    ReplyDelete