Tuesday, April 20, 2010

West Desert Camping Trip

Thursday, April 15th, we left Logan for a great weekend of camping out on the West Desert of Utah. My family use to run sheep out there, so the area is well known. So many fun things to do out there.
Indian Pictograph Drawings and Symbols.
Hunt for Lizards. Brandon was a pro at this! He caught a big Horny Toad. Search for Arrow Heads. Play in the giant Sand Mountain. We seriously had such a good time. It was Brooklyn's first time sleeping in a tent. She did so good and had a blast playing with her Grandma Aagard. When I was a little girl and we would go out to the sheep camp this is how we would always get our baths. Brooklyn loved it!Out with Jenny, Josh, and Jake, on an afternoon hike for gold!! (It's actually just fool's gold but who really knows the difference.) It's always nice to have a little get-away. My two little twinner nephews had so much fun and were so tired after the two days of camping. They were instantly asleep on the car ride home.
We had a blast camping!

6 comments:

  1. So fun, cutest little boys ever. Brooklyn is getting so big. Isn't it fun to be able to act like a kid again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you go in the west desert? Looks like you had a fun time. Brooklyn looks like a little sweetheart in the pan tub! Those are the fun baby pictures to look back on, priceless!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are constantly reminding me of why I love you and your family! My Grandpa that I lived with in Nephi took us out to the West Desert my whole life! He patrolled that area with the sheriff patrol for many years. We would always hunt for topaz, geodes, trilobites, etc! I'm glad Brooklyn did well in the tent, you never know what you're going to get! Looks like you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so fun that you guys have that family heritage of sheep herding. I love being from Ftn. Green! Brooklyn is so cute in her birthday pictures! And I love that you went to visit the NICU for her birthday. Very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looked so fun! I'm glad to see that brandon was sporting the pepsi softball shirt. Brooklyn is just getting cuter and cuter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks like so much fun! I miss camping. That is so funny to see Brooklyn in a tiny tub bath, we used to do that when I was little too and now we stick the nieces and nephews in them. She is such a good little camper!

    ReplyDelete