Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Accident

For Mother's Day weekend Brandon, Brooklyn, and I headed down to Green River. On Friday, May 7th we decided to take Brandon's brother Keith's 4-wheeler out for a spin. (Brooklyn was not with us on the ride!) Brandon is slightly an adrenaline junky, so he wanted to go down the biggest hill. It was all fun until our last run down. Brandon's exact words, "Pop it into 5th gear! It's way more fun!" I don't remember much after that. (These pictures look much better than how I looked the day of. These were three days after the accident.)

I was knocked out and had a pretty good concussion. I was taken by ambulance to the Grand Junction, CO. Hospital. I was in an out of it. I had some swelling in the brain, but no internal bleeding. Brandon got some pretty good scrapes himself.



We are both doing fine. I am good as long as I am taking my pain pills. We are just grateful that we are both okay, it really could have been a lot worse.

14 comments:

  1. Holy Cow!! I am so sorry to hear/see that. I hope you are doing better and get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh..and your haircut looks really cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my word!! that looks painful! SOOO glad you are both okay! 4 wheelers are accidents waiting to happen in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my HECK!!! I am so glad to hear you are okay! That is so scary. I can't believe how banged up you were. I'm so sorry! Do you need anything? Never mind, I'm just going to call you...

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my heck! I am sl glad you guys are okay. That is scary. Keep it in 4th gear from now on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! I'm glad you both are ok! That is scary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is awful! I'm so glad you are both okay! You are one tough cookie. And I love your hair, when did you cut it?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cut my hair a week ago. I'm glad that you guys are seeing past the ugly scars to my hair. I have some hope!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Glad you both are okay! Pretty scary.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad you guys are ok! That's so scary! I hope you both have a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  11. If you guys didn't want to hang out with us, you could have just told us:) I'm so sorry you had to go through all that. Mommy's arent supposed to get hurt. I'm glad your ok. It was so fun to see you and hang out with you a little.. Brooklyn is so stinkin cute

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holy CRAP that looks like a bad wreck I am gld you are both ok!! And funny I find your blog on such a crazy scary post!! Your brooklyn is so cute!! I have a brooklyn too she is 14 months and a chunk she is my second!!

    this is tawnie by the way, well take care.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you guys are ok, and good thing Brooklyn wasn't with! Hope you both get better soon!

    ReplyDelete