Tuesday, May 4, 2010

SSTC, Baby Blessing, and Docking Sheep!

I have been blessed to work with the Software and Systems Technology Conference for the past three years. It's normally the perfect mommy job, because I can go in for a couple of hours here and there, work some from home, set my own schedule, etc. It has seriously been so great and I love it. However, we work the whole year planning one BIG conference for the US Department of Defense, and when conference time comes it is a whole different story.
Luckily the conference this year was in Salt Lake City. (In past years it has been in Fort Lauderdale, Florida and Las Vegas, Nevada.) Normally, I love the business life of traveling to different cities and conferences, but when you have kids it is a lot different. I had to schedule my mom to come up to SLC and watch her, Brandon took off school for two days, and then my friend watched her the last day. So while normally the perfect job with kids, the past week was slightly stressful. I'm so glad that I don't have to leave Brooklyn like this all the time. There are all sorts of "Jack Bauer" type of people that come to this conference. So it pretty much makes me like "Chloe O'Brien." :) (Just a reference for all you 24 fans.)

"Voicemale" came and performed. I didn't know that one of the singers is from Sanpete County. He asked the entire audience if anyone new where that is. Being from Sanpete, I of course raised my hand. Totally embarassed after he pointed me out in front of all the DoD Government Officials.

All in all, everything went great with the conference, but I was glad to get back home.

Brandon received a call from his brother on Friday seeing if we could come down for their baby Elli's blessing on Sunday. So after one full day back at home we were off again. We didn't get any pictures of her at the blessing, but look at all of her dark hair! So crazy how much Elli looks like her mom and Baylan looks like his dad.
While we were down for Elli's blessing my dad asked us to help dock sheep. Brandon had his first sheep docking experience. I think he is a farmer at heart, because he really liked helping with the docking. Brooklyn absolutely loves the little lambs. She says "baa" everytime she sees one. Good times!

2 comments:

  1. So...I had no clue what "docking" was so I googled it. Sounds like a dirty job, way to go Brandon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been on the go so much!! It was good to have you down here so we could see you though! I did the dot applique and it looks awesome and then I closed up the bumper pads too. I just need to figure out what to do in the middle part of the quilt. Thank you so much for helping me do all of that bedding, you are so amazing! Oh, and thank you for letting us sleep over, you guys are great!

    ReplyDelete