Friday, July 9, 2010

Miss Independent!

Our 4th of July was very sporadic. We made a last minute decision to go down to Ftn. Green. Here we are at the Moroni Parade.
Brooklyn and Grandma Aagard dressed to impress in their patriotic colors!

Brooklyn is really becoming the little Miss Independent! She would go pick up the candy by herself, plop down, and then try to open it and eat it by herself.

She'd dance when the band would come by. She was being super shy for the camera.

Yay!! More candy!! (Brooklyn's pig-tails have always reminded me of little fireworks, ... with how they stick straight up. I thought it was the perfect "hair-do" for the 4th.)

We were able to meet up with Shawn (Brandon's brother), Maria, Baylan, and little Elli.

The Aagard clan. Jessica is finally starting to show! She is due November 11th, 2010 and I can't wait for her little baby boy to get here. Yay! :)

We decided to make an afternoon trip up Mt. Nebo. It was beautiful! Here we are at one of the many overlooks.

I have yet to hike Mt. Nebo, but it is on my list of "must do's!" Anyone up for the challenge??


Then, it was back to Colorado for Brandon and I. My mom watched Brooklyn while we made the overnight trip!! It was my first time leaving Brooklyn overnight, but she did great. I think I had a harder time than she did.

We went to Colorado for another funeral. One of Brandon's best friends, Aaron Stones, unexpectedly past away at the age of 28.
"This is our one and only chance at mortal life—here and now. The longer we live, the greater is our realization that it is brief. Opportunities come, and then they are gone. I believe that among the greatest lessons we are to learn in this short sojourn upon the earth are lessons that help us distinguish between what is important and what is not. I plead with you not to let those most important things pass you by as you plan for that illusive and nonexistent future when you will have time to do all that you want to do. Instead, find joy in the journey—now. Stresses in our lives come regardless of our circumstances. We must deal with them the best we can. But we should not let them get in the way of what is most important—and what is most important almost always involves the people around us. Often we assume that they must know how much we love them. But we should never assume; we should let them know. Wrote William Shakespeare, “They do not love that do not show their love.” We will never regret the kind words spoken or the affection shown. Rather, our regrets will come if such things are omitted from our relationships with those who mean the most to us. Send that note to the friend you’ve been neglecting; give your child a hug; give your parents a hug; say “I love you” more; always express your thanks. Never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved." -President Thomas S. Monson

Probably one of the hardest funerals that I have ever been to. Cause of death is still undetermined. Aaron will greatly be missed.

We got back Ftn. Green just in-time to attend a swimming party with the Aagard cousins. My sister Alyson has this giant water slide pool. All the kids loved it.

Yes, even Brandon loved it! (The biggest kid of them all!) :)

Daddy and Brooklyn going down the little baby slide!

The kids said that this was their hot tub!!

Chubby little cheese butt!!

She's gonna love this picture when she's older. :)

Daddy and Brooklyn going down the big slide!



My 7 months prego sister Alyson, Mom, Brooklyn, and Rebekah, just chillin' in the shade. Hopefully when Brandon graduates we will be able to move somewhat closer to our families. It is just so much fun when we all get together and I wish we could do it more often.

5 comments:

  1. Fun! Baby Elli and my Beau have the exact same hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Brooklyn's 4th of July outfit! She always looks so darling. Fun that you could go down to Ft. Green to be with the family! That water slide looks AWESOME! I'm putting that on my 5 year wish list :) Your sisters looks so cute pregnant. And last but not least, I'm very sorry to hear about Brandon's friend. If there's anything I hate, it's a funeral. They are so hard. But to end on a happy note, what a FUN weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No one told me Alyson had a water park in her back yard!! We may need to hit that up the next time we are down there :)
    Brooklyn's pig tails are so cute and they totally look like fireworks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brooklyn is SO cute! I love her pig tails, way cute!

    ReplyDelete