Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Boy or Girl??

So I just thought that I would share some of the feelings that I have been having lately. We go in this Friday, September 24th, to have our 20 week ultrasound. Many thoughts cross my mind:

• Brooklyn is our baby!! Can we really have another one??
• Guess we can have another one, cause uuuhhh duh I’m pregnant, but will we love this baby as much??
• Okay, I’m sure we will love this baby too, but will he or she be as cute as we think Brooklyn is??
• Will our baby be a boy or a girl?
• That poses another question, what if it’s a boy!!??? I know what to do with a girl, I mean I have one already, I was raised with all sister, but what in the world would I do with a boy?? Guess I'd have to rely on Brandon for the boy stuff.
• More important than gender though, what if there is another complication??? :( It was so so HARD (hard is an understatement) when we found out that Brooklyn had gastroschisis. With Brooklyn I was just curious about the gender of the baby; the last thing that crossed my mind was that there would be complications. The doctor said that gastroschisis has never happened twice in the same family, but Brandon and I tend to be really LUCKY people and I worry a lot. Seriously I have been having nightmares about the 20 week ultrasound.

Are these normal feelings?? Or am I just a crazy pregnant lady that thinks way too much.

This pregnancy has been SO different . . . not as sick, but way more tired, pregnancy mask, showing a lot sooner, severe leg and back cramps, very low blood pressure, passing out, plus major food cravings for Taco Bell and Cheese Fries (healthy I know!). So because of the differences in the pregnancy I would normally say boy, but because I think it’s a boy my guess is that it is a girl. Does that make sense?? Brandon thinks it’s a boy. Anyways, I would like to know your guesses on the gender??

6 comments:

  1. My second pregnancy has been way different than my first too so I figured that I would have a girl, but we're getting another little boy. I feel the same way you do about having two kids. It's hard to imagine life and how you can love two kids the same, but I know that as soon as I see him I will fall in love just like I did with Jax. It just seems like you give everything to one that it seems impossible to do the same for two.
    My guess is a boy, but I'm usually wrong. Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the joys of pregnancy! I'm so sorry, I hate that "I'm crazy" feeling. I'm sure your ultra sound will go perfectly- no troubles at all, you will be able to see your little peanut and it will put your mind at ease. I hope it is a boy so Oliver can have a little buddy! I'm sure you will love your next one just as much as Brooklyn. I didn't even really think about it before hand, but now that Oliver is here, I can't get over how in love with him I am. I think it is just in our bones to love our kids, so no worries there. Brooklyn will be such a cute big sister! Good luck and keep us posted on what flavor you are having!!
    oh p.s. we need to hang out soon. I still want to have a BBQ here before the season is out. Let's plan it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's a boy! And don't worry about having enough love for this one. They just seemed to bring it with 'em when they get here. Give in to those cravings. Best of luck tomorrow. We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe it is a boy and you aren't crazy. Pregnant Crazy, not regular crazy. So don't worry it's okay. I am so excited to find out what that sweet little angel is. I had some of the same questions when I was pregnant with my second. The love thing really is weird. I thought other people were crazy when they said that, but you really do wonder how you can have the same love or enough love for all your little ones. Good luck tomorrow. It's a boy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I am guessing boy! I love my little guy and he is so fun!

    ReplyDelete