Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Canning!

A while back I told my mother-in-law, next time you are canning or bottling anything let me know because I would really love to learn how.

When I said I wanted to learn how, I thought we would be doing like 12 or so jars of jam...

I didn't realize that I was headed to the "Mecca of Canning."

We bottled apricot jam, apricot raspberry jam, plum jam, and grape jam.

We also bottled beans and peaches. Yes, all over a three day span!! Still deciding whether or not it was worth it. :) It tastes delicious though, but was a ton of work.

3 comments:

  1. Holy crap- that is a ton of peaches! Nice work, I want to learn how to do that too, but it looks tiring... I am very impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That is some serious canning! I live for my mom's raspberry peach jam and I too need to learn how to do it! I would definitely say you have reached expert status!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so funny!! It must be the season for it. I just got back from a class to teach me how. I am going to try my hand at pears this year so I will have to call you for your expert advice!:)

    ReplyDelete