Friday, February 11, 2011

39 week drama!

On Saturday, February 5th 2011 Brooklyn was having the time of her life taking the pillows off of our bed and throwing them down the stairs, that is until she went down with one of the pillows! She cried for a little bit and then acted fine until we pulled her pj's on that night. She would wince every time we touched her arm but still wouldn't cry. We thought it just might be sore or possibly sprained, but the wincing continued when we put on her dress for church the next morning. So one ER visit later and the conclusion . . . Green Stick Fracture.

She was so tough that she didn't even cry when the doctors touched and pulled on her arm, so I slightly felt like an idiot when they said, "It doesn't act like it hurts her, but let's just get some x-rays anyways." She wanted to get a pink cast, but they were out so she chose purple instead. She really doesn't seem to mind it, but I just worry about her clonking the new baby with it. We will definitely have to be on the watch.

So I am now 39 weeks pregnant and desperate to be done! I have tried everything . . . walking, running, raspberry pills, on-and-off the curb, squats, stairs, aromatherapy oils, etc.

I still haven't tried castor oil, but I've heard good things. I'll let you know how it goes. I'm just getting so tired of having contractions, and then they just stop! It's so frustrating! We are getting so excited to meet this little girl!

At the request of my sisters here I am at 39 weeks. There has been a lot more going on with the Aagard side of our family, RSV, tumors, pneumonia, to mention a few. We just need this little girl to get here so that we can have a breath of fresh air.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! Poor Brooklyn! She does look happy in her pic though. I love the color she picked. Hope to see you guys soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brave little girl. Sorry about her arm. Love the color of her cast.

    ReplyDelete