Friday, February 11, 2011

Kenzington Kay Brady!!

We are so excited to announce the arrival of Kenzington Kay Brady on February 8th, 2011 at 4:37am. She weighed in at 7 pounds 1 ounce and is 20 inches long.

Here's how it all went down. So at 5pm on Monday afternoon I started having some contractions. No big deal, because I have been having them for the last week or so. However, at the same time I had taken some Castor Oil so I thought this might be the real thing. (Castor Oil didn't make me sick, it definitely cleaned me out, but totally worth it cause I went into labor.) By 9pm I was having some pretty strong contractions. I tried taking a bath, but this time it didn't slow them down. By midnight Brandon and I decided it was time to go in. We called Kalli and Jordan to come sleepover and watch Brooklyn. We are so grateful to have such good friends.

When we got to the hospital I was dilated to a 5 and 90% effaced. Within and hour I was at a 6. At this point I thought . . . oh ya, I can totally go with no epidural, the contractions were painful but totally manageable. Then they came and broke my water!!

Within seconds of them breaking my water I was pleading for an epidural. The nurse told me I might not have time because I was instantly at a 10 and about ready to push. There is a huge burning sensation when the baby is crowning that I can't even explain. Contractions:manageable, burning sensation: not! They still tried to get me the epidural and it took right before I started pushing. (Note to self: I will never try that again!)

After three pushes she was here!! Brandon and I were both so emotional as they laid her on my chest. We didn't have anything close to this experience with Brooklyn and it was such a tender moment for us. In our hospital room the sign read, "Cherish the little things." And we definitely have been.




Getting ready to go home!

No one under the age of 14 could enter the hospital so Brooklyn wasn't able to meet her sister until a day later. She was pretty thrilled.

Kenzington started to cry as we took our first family photo, and notice Brooklyn's look of concern. Brooklyn instantly started to cry too and said, "Baby sad! Baby sad." It was really sweet. (I'm sure Brandon was just thinking, "Oh boy, a house full of emotional girls." :)

Brooklyn is very protective of her baby sister and is definitely . . . uh, helpful/smothering. :) She always has to know what is going on with Kenzington.

We are so happy to have Kenzington home!

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! She is beautiful. So happy that everything went so well with this baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh your post made me SMILE. What a beautiful baby. I'm so glad everything went well! My biggest congratulations and hugs for all of you. I can't wait to meet her. I'm glad Brooklyn loves her too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brandon will love his house of 'emotional girls' and that is so cute that brooklyn is so protective and smothering:) I'm so happy for you guys. I cant wait to meet her, she looks so precious. And I'm glad you learned your lesson on the no epidural, I'm all about the epidural!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy for you guys and I can't wait to meet her! Congrats to the cute little Brady family. She looks perfect and I am sure Brooklyn is such a sweet big sister.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You totally could have made it without the epideral!!! You were so close :)
    Congrats guys! She is a cutie. Brooklyn is going to love her, and it will be so good to have them close together!
    Hope all is well, can't wait to see you!
    (P.S. I am going to Bear Lake with Gordon's family the end of March....We should get together for lunch or something one of the days we're there!)
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Brady family!! She looks so beautiful and sweet. I am so glad Brooklyn is being such a good older sister:) We hope to meet her soon!

    P.S. How amazing do you look after just giving birth?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Amanda she is so beautiful! So glad that all went well for you. Brooklyn will have so much fun with her little baby sister like I have had with mine. :) Way to go sis! Love you all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! She is absolutely adorable. I am so glad you were able to get her here and get to have such a special moment with her. Your family is so cute and I am glad you were able to add another wonderful life to it. Brooklyn will be a great big sis. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad I got to see little Kenzington... even if I didn't get to hold her :( She is absolutely beautiful and you looked amazing. Love you Mand!!

    ReplyDelete