Monday, June 15, 2009

2 months!

Brooklyn just turned two months old on the 9th of June! This means that we have now been out of the NICU longer than we were in it!! I'll forever be grateful for all the medical talent that they have at Primary Children's Hospital, as well as their kind and caring staff; but let's be honest . . . being there for a month was just not fun at all. Brooklyn is doing so well now, you'd never even know that she had a rough start in life.

At Brooklyn's two month appointment she weighed 11 lbs. 3 oz. and is 22.5 inches long. She's already starting to get little rolls in her thighs. She hated the shots like most babies do, and I think I hated them even more. Guess after all that she's been through what are a few shots. It seems like she is constantly discovering new things. She trys to focus her eyes on things so hard and it just ends up like this, cross-eyed. It's so cute!

When I was a little girl my mom use to put me in the freshly dried laundry, so I thought Brooklyn might like the warmth. She did, but so did someone else. :) Brooklyn and Maggie just enjoying laundry time.
Speaking of Maggie, we have decided to let her have puppies. This is Maggie with her boyfriend Tommy. They look so much alike it's crazy! Hopefully she'll have puppies in August sometime if all goes well. I don't have the slightest clue about breeding dogs.Here are my two most favoritest people in the world caught snoozing. Guess the NBA Finals aren't that interesting for Lakers Haters. Kobe is so good, that you have to hate him.

Besides watching the NBA Finals, Brandon and I are both big fans of "So You Think You Can Dance." Brandon would say, "You'd be surprised what you watch after you get married." :) We have a regular weekly party with our neighbors Fred and Chana to watch. Chana and I do quite the good reinactments, so if you've missed the show just give us a call! Go Caitlin! She's my fav right now.

8 comments:

  1. She looks adorable in those sheets! I got to go to the taping of SYTYCD last week when the top 20 danced for the first time. It was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, warm laundry. That is wonderful how well she is doing. Good luck on the puppies. Fun but alot of work and really hard to let them go.
    That picture of Brandon and Brooklyn is precious.
    SYTYCD is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love warm laundry too! (well, not here in humid, hot hawaii...but other places) sometimes my mom used to put my blanket in the dryer a few minutes before bedtime so i could snuggle up with it all warm. ahhh...

    oh, and to answer your question: we don't know yet if we are having a girl or a boy! tomorrow at my check-up (i'll be 20 weeks) they should schedule my ultrasound. so i think we'll know in a couple weeks. we'll update everyone on the blog. i am just making a blue baby blanket because i liked the soft yarn and i wasn't sure if i was gonna keep the blanket or give it to a pregnant friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so cute. I wish I could see her! and I love that show!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that pic of laundry! it's so cute!

    And I've been practicing and can't wait for this weeks shows! Watch after Bunco??

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is SO not fair! You can't post the fun things you get to do without us! I have yet to meet an obsessed SYTYCD follower like myself down here. I am left reenacting the dances alone, which is sad but pretty funny. The worst was when I was watching one night, started dancing in the living room and realized we hadn't put up our blinds yet. Well, our neighbors got a good show! I LOVE the pics of Brooklyn! She really is so cute! I was laughing out loud at the one with her eyes crossed! I miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is beauftiful....She looks so healthy and you look really good too! So glad everything is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The picture of her cross-eyed is priceless! And she looks so comfy in the laundry! You are so lucky that your husband will watch SYTYCD with you. I have to record it & watch it when Chris isn't home because he thinks it is boring. I will be in Sanpete for the 4th of July. Will you be there? I would love to see you! Let me know!

    ReplyDelete