Monday, June 29, 2009

Country Jams!

On the 24th of July Brooklyn and I took off for a little Road Trip. One of my Best Friends, Ashly Lloyd, won tickets to Country Jam USA in Grand Junction, Colorado!! Lucky for me her boyfriend was unable to go. Grand Junction is just a little over an hour from Green River so Brandon's parents agreed to watch Brooklyn while Ashly and I took our little honkie tonk badunk-a-dunks to the concert!
We had so much fun! Swayer Brown was my favorite! Let's just say we were probably the only sober ones there, but we acted crazier then anyone else. You could tell we were the only Mormons there by the way we dressed, everyone else was wearing swimming suits and daisy duke shorts. Below is proof of the craziness!
We missed the memo to bring chairs. Nothing more country then sitting in the dirt.
I freakin hate, with a passion, port-a-potties!! SICK! They guy next to me seemed to enjoy it though.

The worst part about the concert was worrying about my baby the whole time and then having to go out to the car and pump. They gave out beads at the concert and I thought people were going to walk by the car and give me some. :)On Friday the 26th, the morning after the concert we left Green River at 7am to get to the SLC Temple for one of my friends weddings, Brittanie Hamilton. She looked so beautiful. I love going to weddings and being reminded of the covenents we make as husband and wife. It is always nice to be reminded of the promises and blessings. It made me miss Brandon. We had an awesome week, but it was good to get home.

10 comments:

  1. Amanda you make me laugh, with the out house and that pic of you! hahaha. It makes me miss you and your fun adventures. Please call next time your down, and we can go to lunch. Brooklyn is so adorable, I'm sure you're an awesome mother. Brittany looks so happy, I'm going to her reception this week. Can't wait to see her. Keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha scandalous lady trying to get beads for pumping! :) this was such a funny post...glad you could get away for a short while to have some country fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love going to those country things. I loved that outhouse pic. Glad you cjould get out for some fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so funny! Don't you just love pumping... my custodian almost busted (literally) me one day! I have to put a sign on my door now not to come in! Try explaining that one to 8 year olds!

    I LOVE Brooklyn's new pictures. they are so precious. I hope we get to see you guys soon. They change so fast at this age!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That would have been a great way to score some beads!! Well, it would have been a great story to tell later on anyways!! It was good to see you last week, I'll give you a call and we can work something out when I come up later this month. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. go to www.openupmonsen.blogspot.com and leave me your email as a comment so I can invite you to see my blog that is now private.

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds like so much fun and Brooklyn is so so cute

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun would that be? Ashley is so cute. I haven't seen her for a while. It was good to see you at Brittanie's wedding. She looked so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That waterfall up Manti Canyon is...I'm assuming you've ridden up the canyon...there is a little fishing lake on the right and then a little ways passed that on the left is the trail to the fall. I'm pretty sure there was a sign. And I wasn't smart enough to pay attention to the name... Something Falls. haha Hope that helps. It was really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just realized how "Sanpete" my directions were. hahaha You'd think I never left!

    ReplyDelete