Thursday, January 14, 2010

Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, Wall Street, Twin Towers, and Times Square.

January 7th 2010, Day 2:
We woke up rather early to catch a boat out to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. Here are some pictures of New York while on our way to the boat.

Brandon, Brooklyn, and I enjoying our boat ride. Normally you have to wait hours to get on this boat, but we got right on! The Statue of Liberty was so cool to see in person. It's huge!

Once we docked at Liberty Island we took some fun pictures. Jessica and I were really excited. (We are very flexible too.) :) Brandon holding the statue. Me being the statue. Other cute pictures with the Statue of Liberty. Brooklyn all bundled up for touring around. Joseph and Brandon holding up Brooklyn. Yes, that is the Brooklyn Bridge in the background. We didn't get her out of the stroller, because I felt bad just pulling her in and out for pictures.Plus she was just so snuggly, warm, and cute.The family at Ellis Island. We looked for our ancestors there on the registry. We did find some Aagard's registered there, but it was spelled AAGAARD. Yep, that is how it use to be spelled. That's all I need is more A's in my name! :)We were trying to find pictures of possible ancestors. This is who everyone thought I matched best. (Some Chinese Lady.) And here is Joseph and Brandon with their match. (I think Joseph needs to work on his mustache a little.) Some great shots of Manhattan from the boat on the way back. Here we are with the famous Wall Street Bull. Supposedly, if you touch the bull on his, uh, boy parts, you will have a year of financial success. Don't judge us, we need all the financial help we can get. :) Then we went to the Twin Towers Memorial. There was a very special spirit at the memorial. It was a pretty sombering thing. I lost it when I saw a video and pictures of all the people who's lives were lost. So many people were lost in an act of terror. Here is a picture of the steel frame from the building. Most of the steel was recycled and used to build a Navy Battle Ship. We then went to put in for the Lottery for our Broadway Tickets. We tried three different times to win Wicked tickets, but never had any success. I wasn't to disappointed because Brandon and I saw Wicked in London two years ago. I was just upset that we couldn't win them for my sister Jessica who really wanted to go.So instead we just played around in Times Square.Times square was so fun. We went in the M&M store. The smell in there was AMAZING!! I don't even like chocolate that much, but the smell just made me want to buy M&M's! Brooklyn liked the smell too!She had some way crazy hat hair so we had to take a picture of our little blondie.Jessica and I finished up the evening with some girl talk, while Brooklyn slept, and the boys played "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare." Good times in New York.

1 comment:

  1. What great pictures. You sure got alot of sight seeing in. Can't wait to see the D.C. pictures.

    ReplyDelete